Caveau Holiday Gift Guide
Yes, Santa Baby!! Hurry down the chimney with any of these fabulous treats!
1) Surely the Three Days of Glory DVD will thrill any number of people on your list. It’s THE gift for anyone you know who enjoys wine…or travel…or French culture…or documentary films…or passion projects! The DVD contains exclusive bonus features that aren’t available anywhere else, including Scott’s first-ever recorded Burgundy 101 seminar to give you a great grounding for understanding the wines and the region!! PLUS, you get warm fuzzies. A percentage of profits from the DVD sales will go to the Saint Vincent funds of Pommard, Volnay and Meursault to help vigneron families experiencing hardship. Lettie Teague from The Wall Street Journal calls the film “a better and yes, more passionate” Burgundy documentary. Author Katherine Cole calls it “a visual feast.” And cinema-goers everywhere have called it inspirational! Buy it here and use code FREESHIP.
Pull a cork or two, sit back and enjoy the film!! Thank you!!
2) Who but the incomparable Allen Meadows would take on such an endeavor, to produce an in-depth overview of each and every Burgundy vintage since 1845, including thousands of reviews of individual wines. It’s a monumental body of work and an indispensable reference for true Burg geeks. You’ll find it here.
3) Just as impressive is the master “oeuvre” by our friends from the Cook’s Atelier in Beaune. American-born mother-daughter team Marjorie Taylor and Kendall Smith Franchini manage to out-French the French in terms of the lustworthy lifestyle brand they have created through their cooking school and wine and kitchen store. We dare you not to swoon while thumbing through this tome of exquisite classic French recipes. And Martha can attest, the photos ARE good enough to eat. She was lucky to take one of their day-long classes and eat the fruits of the labor! You can find their beautiful book here and signed copies on their website. Here’s a photo from a wonderful day spent in the Cook’s Atelier!
4) Great bottles deserve a handsome and thoughtful design for their conveyance, don’t you think? We do! Our friends at Thread & Whisk offer this beauty for upping your game when it comes to transporting your wine treasures.
And check out their beautiful Grace Apron which has a flair for fashion and blurs the line between where your clothing ends and your apron begins. I love this apron so much I brought it to Beaune with me last fall to help inspire my cooking!
5) Three Days of Glory co-director/co-producer David Baker is also an acclaimed author. His novel Vintage is a great read for anyone who enjoys food and wine. It’s the story of ex-food journalist and nearly destitute wine connoisseur Bruno Tannenbaum who has hit rock bottom. So when he stumbles on a clue hinting at a lost wine vintage, the 1943 Trevallier—stolen from France during WWII and now worth a fortune—Bruno is convinced that finding this wine could be the key to restoring his journalism career, and perhaps even his failing marriage. Check it out here.